Pkhali is a vegetarian dish made from a variety of plants (e.g. spinach, beetroot, eggplant, bell pepper) mixed or stuffed with walnut paste. Each type of pkhali has its unique taste, so it is worth to try an assortment to find your favorite.
Pkhali from spinach
Spinach (frozen) - 500 g;
Pomegranate Seeds-several pieces;
Coriander, parsley, red pepper - 10 grams;
In case you use frozen spinach leaves, defrost them first.
1. Grind garlic, walnuts, parsley, red pepper, and coriander. It is better to use a food processor instead of a blender.
2. Squeeze the liquid out of spinach and chop the leaves.
3. Ground thoroughly spinach leaves for 5-10 minutes, or until all of the leaves are blended.
4. Mix Spinach Paste with Nut-Parcely-Garlic Paste
5. Make small balls from this mixture. Put on a plate and add some pomegranate seeds.